Re: [Tigers] Drag Racing Tigers

To: achd73@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Drag Racing Tigers
From: Bill Waite <fordlandia@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 05:37:07 -0700 (PDT)
Tony,

Great topic, I hope a lot of people respond to the Tiger List.  Just a thought:
half the battle drag racing a Tiger appears to be in the rest of the set-up
(getting all that power to the pavement).  The stroker motor may be the "easy
part."   I'd sure like to learn more about what Tiger drag racers have done
with their suspensions, rear ends (type/ratio), traction bars, transmission
type, wheel/tire choices, etc.

Bill

Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com> wrote: List- Over the last couple of years a
close friend and the person who sprays paint for me, painted an 89 or so
Mustang that his son was building a 351 stroker engine for. So late last year
and last night I rode along to see how the car ran. We attended the multi race
trac in St.Louis, where Tim (the owner/driver) makes his home. Its a 1/4 mile
track and there where several pretty fast cars, including four or five running
in the 8s at 155 mph.Last night was considered a tune night and anyone could
run what trailered or drove in for a small $10 fee. Of course it made me want a
stroker engine even more than ever but just seeing what kind of times I would
get made me start thinking what I would have to do to get my Tiger track ready.
Tim did make three runs, all in the 10 second plus range and he didnt have the
nitrous bottle in the car. He has done better but thats not what this is about.
My question is to all the owners who do have stroker engines, some running
nitrous, others just tons of horsepower. Im curious to know IF we have any
members who would tell us what kind of times they have turned at their local
track or any track for that matter. What engine size (stroked, etc) they are
running and with or without nitrous. I know we have some owners that have some
extremely fast Tigers and Im hoping they will share what the numbers are, mph
etc etc and any other interesting information they would be kind enough to
share with us wanna be go fast owners. Thanks, TonytheTiger
You are subscribed as fordlandia@sbcglobal.net