Re: [Tigers] Register your Shelby and your dislike for the man!

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Register your Shelby and your dislike for the man!
From: "Jeffrey Nichols" <jxnichols@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 08:59:08 -0400
Unbelievable. Exactly how low will CS go?

Not only are they making a blatant attempt to invalidate the work done by
SAAC in compiling the true registry, but now they are also trying to roll the
Tiger (TIROST) into the mix?

I have no interest in "Team Shelby" or anything else that directly, or
indirectly, benefits that crazy old man, CS...well, there is the small matter
of
the Mustang Shelby GT I bought this weekend...oops  :-)
Low, and I have a Sunbeam that was made by a company in Jolly old England
with
some design by an outside company, that just happened to be the Carol Shelby,
and his great love and support of the car still warms my heart (Sarcastic).
No
I would not give any of the shelby enterprises any help with this kind of
stuff.
End Rant
I'd be careful in making that leap...I don't see any legitimate upside,
> personally. The relationship (Shelby, the manufacturer and Tiger, the
> marque) is
> tenuous at best...they're only including us Tiger guys because it grows
> the
> "user base" for the bogus Team Shelby operation to make money from...
>
> But, we'll see how it plays out...it may be that my personal distaste  for
> most of Shelby's business activity over the last decade is  clouding my
> judgement.

Seems that some people harbor, dare I say it, hate for Carroll Shelby.  What
has he done to generate this level of vitriol?  I don't own a Shelby product (
but doI own a Sunbeam Tiger) so I don't have a personal interest in what
Carroll Shelby does in the business world or with SAAC.  I guess the local and
national newspapers missed the Carrol Shelby scandal that pissed off some
people.  Did Shelby hire Guatemalan laborers and pay them slave wages to build
his cars or was it something else?   The Smoking Gun web site is silent on the
Carroll Shelby scandal.  So where can I read about this horrible man Carrol
Shelby and the awful things he has done?

                    Jeff