Re: [Tigers] Engine Woes - Part Two

To: Shaun Laughy <tigerv8@rogers.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Engine Woes - Part Two
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 12:36:00 -0700
Shaun,

You are mostly correct.

According to the "Workshop Manual", General Data, 6: B.T.D.C. for
"static timing".

Check out TigersUnited.com Workshop Manual for all specs.

http://www.tigersunited.com/resources/wsm/wsm16.asp

"Dwell" is about 26-28.5 degrees. Manual list 2 distributors. 1 for Mk I
and 1 for Mk II, with different vacuum advance specs. I had my
distributor springs changed (kit available) to tune the "curve" with an
old fashioned distributor machine.  Runs great.

Induction sounds do NOT sound like ignition advance problems. Perhaps an
air leak?

Steve

___
Steve Laifman