Re: [Tigers] Gas Tank Recoating

To: <CoolVT@aol.com>, <gharlowe@comcast.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Gas Tank Recoating
From: "Jerry" <JCMC2006@suddenlink.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 20:42:24 -0500
Gas tank coatings -

When you have your tank recoated, ask if the coating is alcohol resistant.
When I did mine 12 years ago or so, I did it myself and used some "white
stuff" (can't recall the name of the product) that I purchased at a
motorcycle shop for motorcycle tanks.  There were two options - one for gas
only and one if there's alcohol involved.  Thinking down the road there
would be alcohol in the gas, I opted for the one resistant to alcohol.

I don't know if the flaking was due to that problem, but this may be a
consideration.

Jerry Christopherson