[Tigers] Rear Axle removal.

To: "tigers" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Rear Axle removal.
From: "steve wick" <srwick@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 20:29:20 -0700
I bit the bullet and started taking apart my rear axle. I got the first hub
off real easy, because the key was worn and the hub was loose. The axle keyway
is a little oversized now so I'm thinking of having a new key made that is a
little bigger on one half, to fit tight again. Any way, the axle is not
budging and I've worked on some rear ends that have a C-clip on the inner end
to keep it in place. I know the book doesn't say there's one there, but I just
want to verify before I really start hitting the slide hammer. I'm also going
to the machine shop tomorrow to have a plate made to duplicate the function of
the special tool. I modified one of my slide hammer attachments but it doesn't
fit as well as it should. Any advice is appreciated.

Steve