Re: [Tigers] generator woes

To: tigers@autox.team.net, Thomas Prager <tcprager@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] generator woes
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 08:55:19 -0700 (PDT)
Tom- have you trie to polarize the generator again. Years ago I had one and for
whatever reason, on would come the gen light and usually after I missed second
gear with my foot flat on the floor, reaching very high rpms(great 5 bolt 289-
junk shifter-ok worn out shifter) ANYWAY I had to polerize it again and it did
fine until I over revved the engine the next time. My other thought would be
stop rebuilding and get a completely different generator. I think the last one
I bought was at a carquest parts store. Im not sure if they are nation wide or
midwest. Also you didnt mention what part had to be replaced when it was
rebuilt each time. Since they only replace whats bad you could conceively have
had one of three things go bad, one at a time, not counting the brushes or
brush holder or keepers. Good luck, TTT