Re: [Tigers] Shift knob

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Shift knob
From: "Stu Brennan" <stubrennan@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 15:03:31 -0400
Steve's description below matches what I had, the lower chrome piece is
the jam nut.  I replaced mine with a wood knob with a hex jam nut years
back, so I didn't have to put the original back on.  Using some Loctite
I would I assume you could get them positioned correctly, then I've used
needle nosed pliers as sort of a spanner wrench to tighten similar nuts
where you only have two holes in the "nut".  Once the Loctite sets up,
you should be all set.

Stu

Bill, and Mark,

I just went in the garage and looked.  My stock 65 Mk I has a round
knob, a dished top, and a chrome bottom piece with two vertical holes.
There is no "apparent" jam nut.  Somehow the assembly is oriented with
the correct pattern alignment.