Re: [Tigers] Is anyone from the Bakersfield CA area? non-tiger

To: <patrick@patmania.ch>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Is anyone from the Bakersfield CA area? non-tiger
From: "Jerry and Marlene VanderPool" <jrv309@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 18:57:30 -0700
Patrick; First a little history and then an answer.  Marlene and I now live
in Warrenton, Oregon with our Candy Apple 66 Tiger.  I am a retired Police
Sergeant with the Bakersfield Police Department.  I was the first President
of the Mustang Club in Bakersfield.  My son Jan lives with his wife in
Bakersfield and he has (3) three mustangs all of which are street legal and
he races his 67 fastback at the local drag strip.  I called him today and he
advised that he has dealt with the original owner, Bill, and all was well.
He advised that the young guy (Mike?) has a very "Rough" reputation in the
Mustang community.  My son will not contact the seller as he is in the
middle of moving to a new house.  If you can't get someone to contact the
seller, you might think about the Kern County Sheriffs office, California
Highway Patrol and E-bay.  I hope this helps.  I know that I am going to get
a nasty note that I didn't send this correctly.  Sorry Mark, Jerry.