Re: [Tigers] 13 inch tires

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] 13 inch tires
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 10:49:52 -0700
Tigers,

Why wonder what the effects are of changing transmission, rear end, and
tire sizes are, when it is so easy to find out almost everything you
wanted to know?

The TigersUnited.com website already has the answer from Bob Hokanson
(father of Mike).

http://www.tigersunited.com/techtips/HokansonGearSpeedXL/pt-HokansonGearSpeedXL.asp

Download the "Transmission Calculator.xls"  Excel spread sheet, and the
free Excel Calculator, if you do not have one. Shows data for selectable
rear axle ratios, tire diameters, transmission gears, etc, already
preset to the most popular ones. You can change nearly all parameters,
including tire diameter.

In the case of the Sumitomo 215-50-13 discussed, the tire diameter is
21.26 inches (per the Tire Rack site), and results in a 4th (1:1)
transmission and a 2.88:1 rear axle (stock) speed on 22 mph/1000 rpm.
At 5000 rpm the road speed would be 22x5 = 110 mph.

You can get this information for any rpm, rear axle ratio, and
transmission gear with this tool.

Thank You, Mike!!!!

Steve

___