Re: [Tigers] Alger ?? Tiger ??? Part 1 of 2

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Alger ?? Tiger ??? Part 1 of 2
From: "William Lau" <mrlau@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 09:11:50 -0500
I built a very nice Alger years ago and non informed people always thought
it was a Tiger or possibly something even more exotic and I had to correct
them that it was an Alpine I modified.  I felt it was an accomplishment to
take an Alpine that I paid $75 for and put in the V8, steering, and
transmission because I didn't use any Tiger parts or see one to copy for
that matter and that was more important than being an actual Tiger. I really
didn't care that it wasn't a Tiger but at the same time wouldn't have
thought of selling it as such because the memory of being unethical would
last forever and diminish the other good memories of building the car.
Something about sitting around when you are 75 and counting on your fingers
and bragging how many times you cheated people doesn't seem attractive.
Sometimes I wish I had kept the car but for me the real fun was doing the
work and besides the car was finished and I got offered so much money I
couldn't pass it up. -- Bill --