Re: [Tigers] F4B or Cast 4BL Man

To: mrlau@charter.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] F4B or Cast 4BL Man
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 19:54:59 EDT
In a message dated 8/6/2008 4:44:56 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
mrlau@charter.net writes:

I'll bet  this could be argued every way that is possible.  I don't think
there  is very much difference and I'm pretty sure it would depend on what
other  engine modifications were involved anyway.

I'm not sure that a F4B can support much more than a stock head, low cfm
4bbl combo, but it is period and Tiger correct, of course, and should
outperform
the FoMoCo cast iron equivalent from that era  :-)

I would love to see a dyno plot of the Performer vs. F4B on that same  motor,
though...my guess is that the "old school" manifold would get smoked, to  say
nothing of the option of moving to the Performer  RPM.

Read reviews on AOL Autos.
(http://autos.aol.com/cars-BMW-128-2008/expert-review?ncid=aolaut00050000000017
)