Re: [Tigers] Ignition Timing a Stroker 289

To: <dave@munroe.ca>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Ignition Timing a Stroker 289
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 13:51:02 -0400
Dave
        I did not see a reply to this so here goes.

Basically you can set up the ignition timing so it works for the way you
drive the car.

The stock 289 ignition curve would probably work just fine as long as all
parts of the distributor are working correctly and is giving you a good
smooth advance curve.

The more compression you have the less total advance you can dial in.

If the engine knocks; you have to retard the timing or slow down the advance
rate.

Here is one good article on the subject that may help you.

http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2000/03/timing/

Hope this helps you

Ron Fraser