Re: [Tigers] Pertronix Ignition

To: "Jim & Carolyn Burruss" <cburruss@hiwaay.net>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Pertronix Ignition
From: "Tiger Man" <Tigerman67@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 12:58:13 -0600
On my car, when the stock ignition was in place, the tach needle would swing
upward with higher engine RPM, but it wasn't particularly accurate or
probably even very proportional to actual engine RPM.

With the Pertronix II, the tach still moves around, but doesn't really
correlate at all to actual engine RPM anymore.  If I remember right it hangs
around 1500-2500 rpm regardless of engine rpm, in fact I think sometimes it
actually moves opposite of engine RPM.

Hope that helps,
Steve