Re: [Tigers] What is the "correct" engine color?

To: tigers@autox.team.net, "Duke Samouce" <wsamouce@kc.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] What is the "correct" engine color?
From: Tod Brown <todbrown@roadrunner.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 10:28:19 -0400
   Duke:
   You are correct about the early Tigers' engines being satin black.  It
   is my understanding that the engines
   were  purchased  from Ford in two batches (260's, that is).  The early
   ones were black and the later ones
   were  Old  Ford  Blue.  When the changeover took place, I do not know,
   but someone with access to BON
   might  be  able to come up with that.  My Tiger is a late MkIA and the
   engine (and transmission) were OFB.
   I learned the hard way that OFB is not the same color as the blue used
   for the '66 model year by the
   Ford  factory  when the guy I had doing the body work on my car did me
   the "favor" of painting my engine.
   The  robin  egg  blue  (or  whatever  it is called) is not the correct
   engine color.
   Tod
   B382002384LRXFE