Re: [Tigers] remote thermometers

To: achd73@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] remote thermometers
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 12:39:49 -0700
Tony and Tigers,

I have a HF about 2 miles from me, and have bought many tools for
limited use.  The electric hoist(s) works very well for the Tiger and
the Thunderbird hard tops, and is considerably better than a manual winch.

One of the greatest tools ever built is the $5.95 electronic fly swatter.

I suppose you have all tried to get a flying bug with a conventional
swatter, a rolled up newspaper, or your carpet sweeper hose, and find it
difficult.  No wonder, if you have read the recent article and how
insects get away.  It seems that it senses approaching danger and JUMPS
to the least threatening direction in 1/4 of a second, THEN it flies.

The battery operated electronic death machine catches them "on the fly"
;-)  , and they are "toast", so to speak.

Luckily this is a seldom needed tool, but works and is on the same
battery installed 2 years ago.

___
Steve Laifman
Editor - TigersUnited.com