Re: [Tigers] 260 engine tag and the 510 designation

To: "'Duke Samouce'" <wsamouce@kc.rr.com>, <t-brandt@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] 260 engine tag and the 510 designation
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 22:42:04 -0400
Duke

That is a very nice engine Tag.   My Tag is corroded with only part of the 6
and all the 0 of 260 visible.

The build date on your Tag is 5 - K, Oct 1965 and 66 for the model year, my
Tag Date is Jan 1965, model year 65.

I believe Ford Industrial Division assembled 260 engines for some time but I
have no information about when the last 260 engine was built.

        Ford attached it under the bolt that held the coil when they moved
the coil to the front of the head.  You could probably place it under any
available bolt in that area;  not that it really matters if you attach it at
all.  It's your Tiger; place it where you like it best.

Ron Fraser