[Tigers] Valve train geometry help

To: "tiger" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Valve train geometry help
From: "Alan Zeni" <tiger@missiongranite.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 15:49:22 -0700
I was wondering if anyone else has run into this issue - I had my heads
rebuilt and had larger intakes put in.  Late model valves were used.  These
valves have a longer tip above the retainer.  Now, taking both measurements
from a catalog and micing the two style valves, there seems to be about a .154
difference in length.  With the 1.6 ratio roller rockers that I am using, it
seems to me that if I take the tip difference and divide by the ratio
(.09625), I could install pushrods that are .1 shorter and eliminate all of
the issues with grinding down the tips.  Do my calc's sound kosher?