Re: [Tigers] E-Brake Cable

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] E-Brake Cable
From: "William Lau" <mrlau@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 09:35:34 -0500
Steve
I don't think saying they were a poor design is completely correct.  I
bought a 65 Mustang new and had problems with wheel hop just like everyone
else at the time.  I just got an additional leaf from the junk yard that I
cut just shorter than the longest leaf and added it which stopped all wheel
hop.  I think that the manufacturers put springs on the cars that they
thought would be a happy medium for most people and were afraid that if they
put a set of springs on them that would stop wheel hop they would be too
stiff for most others.  Also I think most of the excessive oversteer is
caused by the Ackermann angles being wrong in the front steering which is a
design flaw. -- Bill --