Re: [Tigers] Calif DMV YOM law

To: "Steve Ralsten" <sralsten@ca.rr.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Calif DMV YOM law
From: "Andy Walker" <awtiger@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2008 18:18:13 -0500
Steve...FYI...Oklahoma's been doing that for years.  They call it the
"vintage plate" law.  They allow an Oklahoma plate from the YOM of the car
to be run on any car 21 years or older.  The only catch is that the vintage
plate number must not be still in use on another vehicle.  I've been running
a '67 Oklahoma County plate on my Tiger for years now; I bought it from a
friend of mine at a swap meet.  All we have to do is pay the same fee as for
a vanity plate and we get a little sticker to run in the lower left corner
of the windshield.  We still have to renew the regular plate each year, even
though it resides under the driver's seat of my car :-)

Take care,
Andy Walker
Edmond, OK
B382001600LRXFE