Re: [Tigers] [Non-Tiger]: Wooden Supercar?

To: owain.lloyd@gmail.com, Tiger's Den <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] [Non-Tiger]: Wooden Supercar?
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2008 16:29:28 -0700
Both Steve Ralsten and Owain Lloyd show a bit of dis-belief about his
wooden car design.  It would be good to remember Howard Hughes's SPRUCE
GOOSE.  Unbelievable sight, in person, and it flew well (by accident ;-) )

Of course he isn't proposing wooden pistons, etc.  Many laminate wood
structures have been properly designed for load bearing, and - looking
at bridges, wooden ships and iron men - it has been done for some time.
Even "Old Ironsides" was wood, and it bounced canon balls.  And there
are "plastic cars" as well, as Shelby replicas show!

It is not so much the materials, but the designer, in many cases.

Steve

___
Steve Laifman
Editor - TigersUnited.com