Re: [Tigers] Help with a Windsor timing chain cover

To: mmichels@socal.rr.com, cars@wt-inc.com, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Help with a Windsor timing chain cover
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 19:43:32 EDT
On the dipstick tube... one thing I discovered is that the cars  with
generators generally had longer tubes and therefor required longer  dipsticks.
The
tubes that I've checked seemed to come to either the top of  the generator or
the top of the alternator.  Since the alternator was  generally mounted lower,
the tube tended to be shorter.
So, using a dipstick that you think is right will not ensure  that you get an
accurate reading if the replacement tube is longer or shorter  than the
original that the dipstick came with.
Mark