Re: [Tigers] Help with a Windsor timing chain cover

To: <CoolVT@aol.com>, <mmichels@socal.rr.com>, <cars@wt-inc.com>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Help with a Windsor timing chain cover
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 08:52:55 -0400
Mark
        You make a good point.

The part numbers listed for the original 260 are:

Dipstick        C4JZ-6750-A
Tube            C20Z-6754-A

I'm not sure what the numbers are for the 289 engine.

        I believe I had the original parts on my Tiger but it is hard to say
for certain.   The oil level never corresponded correctly with the marks on
the dipstick so I added a mark to indicate full.   These days it is very
hard to tell if the original parts are still your Tiger or if they have been
swapped around with other parts.

I highly recommend that everyone check and remark the dipstick if there is a
difference so you know when the sump is full and when it is a quart low.

The diameter of the dipstick hole in a timing cover I have measures .372",
the bore is gummed up a bit, and it is countersunk.   I believe 3/8", .375",
is the correct size.   Check the diameter of the tube you have.  It should
be just a slight press fit.

Ron Fraser