Re: [Tigers] Correct Maverick Fan?

To: Thomas Witt <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Correct Maverick Fan?
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 16:37:38 -0700
Tom,

The "Canadian Fan" is:

"/I found an Early Ford 6 blade fan (C4DE-8600-A), brand new in original
box at the local Ford Agency - and got a 25% "Mustang Club"
discount!.With the modification to a 1" center hole and end mill trimmed
blades (about 1/2 inch) on a vertical milling machine, it fits fine.
Watch that you still have those original motor washer-spacers between
the block and the motor mounts to raise the engine to it's original
height, and center the fan in the shroud. Make sure you leave them
there, or your rack will "re-form" the fan to fit! (with sound effects
you will not enjoy (BTDT)/"

from TigersUnited.com "Cool It, Buddy" article on the bottom nav-bar on
every page,  "Tech Tips & HOW-TOs"
http://www.tigersunited.com/techtips/SteveLaifmanValance/pt-SteveLaifmanValance1.asp

<http://www.tigersunited.com/techtips/SteveLaifmanValance/pt-SteveLaifmanValance1.asp>

Six aluminum blades, made in Canada. The hub fits the fan.  These may be
hard to find. Referenced in TBON.

Another old LIST "fan discussions" is found on:

http://www.tigersunited.com/techtips/tech_threads/tt-coolsys9.asp  ,

and the entire thread is a good reference for comments by a great number
of LIST "Old-Timers", many of whom are active, or "lurking" at:

http://www.tigersunited.com/techtips/tech_threads/tt-coolsys1.asp

(Use the Search Magnifying Glass option at the top of every page to find
a whole lot of Tiger stuff on the site)

Steve
___
Steve Laifman