Re: [Tigers] Correct Maverick Fan?

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Correct Maverick Fan?
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 17:57:58 -0700
Thanks Steve,
 I actually used the links listed by you prior to asking the question. They
were very helpful, but with my fan missing a "Made in Canada" and a
C9DZ-8600-A part number I'm still left to wonder.
  I'm beginning to wonder if the "replacement" number of the fan (C9DZ-8600-A)
is somewhat different from the "as installed" when the car was built.  As I
said, there is NO part number other than the CF C9DE-A number on all six of
the blades.  But, other than that, the application (1970, 6 cylinder Maverick
with A/C) and the dimensions all seem to equate to this being "THE" Maverick
fan.  Frankly, I think it is "THE" fan, but I'm looking for more than my
opinion.  Maybe there is a Tiger owner out there who got one off a Maverick
rather than buying it through Ford?
Thanks, Tom

  Tom,

  The "Canadian Fan" is:

  "I found an Early Ford 6 blade fan (C4DE-8600-A), brand new in original box
at the local Ford Agency - and got a 25% "Mustang Club" discount!.With the
modification to a 1" center hole and end mill trimmed blades (about 1/2 inch)
on a vertical milling machine, it fits fine. Watch that you still have those
original motor washer-spacers between the block and the motor mounts to raise
the engine to it's original height, and center the fan in the shroud. Make
sure you leave them there, or your rack will "re-form" the fan to fit! (with
sound effects you will not enjoy (BTDT)"

  from TigersUnited.com "Cool It, Buddy" article on the bottom nav-bar on
every page,  "Tech Tips & HOW-TOs"
  http://www.tigersunited.com/techtips/SteveLaifmanValance/pt-SteveLaifmanVal
ance1.asp

  Six aluminum blades, made in Canada. The hub fits the fan.  These may be
hard to find. Referenced in TBON.

  Another old LIST "fan discussions" is found on:

  http://www.tigersunited.com/techtips/tech_threads/tt-coolsys9.asp  ,

  and the entire thread is a good reference for comments by a great number of
LIST "Old-Timers", many of whom are active, or "lurking" at:

  http://www.tigersunited.com/techtips/tech_threads/tt-coolsys1.asp

  (Use the Search Magnifying Glass option at the top of every page to find a
whole lot of Tiger stuff on the site)

Steve
___
Steve Laifman
Editor - TigersUnited.com
<http://www.TigersUnited.com>

[demime found a multipart/alternative section which it tried
to parse but could not find any section which it could render. Please send
plain text.]
Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com
4:08 PM