Re: [Tigers] Fuel pumps, redux

To: "A. C. Tynes" <v8tracker@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Fuel pumps, redux
From: THEO SMIT <tsmit@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 20:09:14 -0600
The author of the article mentions that the pump draws about 3 amps when the
points are closed... then designs in a 1 amp diode to clamp the emitter
voltage. It would be prudent to put in a diode rated at about 5 amps in this
situation. I realize that the author has run lots of miles on the car after
the conversion but the MG pump isn't located over the muffler either.

Theo