Re: [Tigers] Radiator face-lift

To: "James E. Pickard" <geowiz.sgy@cox.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Radiator face-lift
From: "Andy Walker" <awtiger@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 06:03:34 -0600
James:

I did the same thing to my radiator when it sprung a leak on the overflow
tube.  I took it down to the radiator shop in town and had the leak fixed,
lealving explicit instructions that I did NOT want the radiator painted.
Once I got it home, the core was begining to tarnish and look a little
green.  I went down to the hardware store and bought some "Tarn-X" and
brushed it onto both sides of the core, making it sure it got down inside
the fins.  Sure enough, it cleaned it up really well, taking the green
corrosion off and leaving the fins and tubes looking good.  I then masked
off the core and painted the tanks black as per "The Book of Norman."  The
radiator looks great and is as efficient as possible.

Best of luck,
Andy Walker
B382001600LRXFE
B9006857LRX