Re: [Tigers] Paint color

To: <sralsten@ca.rr.com>, "'John Heffron'" <jheff123@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Paint color
From: "Ross" <ross_hulse@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 23:12:37 -0800
Hi John,

All of the colors listed were available on various Rootes cars Singer,
Humber, Hillman, etc.  However, YELLOW was not an available color on the
Tiger.

If you want to make your car different go with what pleases you.

My Tiger is on the rotisserie for a complete restoration.  I will paint it
the original color which is Commodore Blue but I will personalize it to
please me.  I intent to use a Series II Rootes emblem on the Lat hood and
insert a Series II grill.  This is to commemorate the first car I ever owned
a 1962 Series II Alpine in 1963.  I will have Mark II headlight rims and the
letters on the trunk will spell BRABHAM.  I read a story someplace that told
the tale of Brabham, Phil Hill, and Chris Amon all owned Tigers and raced
each other from FI track to F1 track around Europe.  The story goes Brabham
used letters from a HUMBER to spell his name on the trunk lid.  I don't know
if the story is true but it makes for interesting discussion at car shows.
The top will be Tan and the wheel centers will be Gold. The seats, center
console, and rear cushions will be black with white piping to match the
stock white visors.  With all of this personalization it will be easy for
the future care taker to revert the car to bone stock if he wishes as I will
have all the part available for him to do so.

So, just have fun and enjoy your ownership.

The colors available on the Tigers were Color Codes (CC) 1, 19, 39, 53, 58,
61, 67, 68, 76, 86, 92, 100, 102, 106 (my favorite!), 107, 108, 109, 122,
127, 130.  These are listed on the link below.

Ross "Commodore Blues" Hulse