Re: [Tigers] Success!! ...and Filling a Tiger's Cooling System

To: "'Paul R. Breuhan'" <prbreuhan@hotmail.com>, "'Tigers Den'"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Success!! ...and Filling a Tiger's Cooling System
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 15:19:33 -0500
Paul
        Congratulations on your newly running ride.

Sounds like you have the right method for filling the cooling system just
keep watching it.

You could put in a catch can for the overflow tube; something I recommend
everyone do and then put coolant in the catch can until it is no longer
sucked into the system.

Lots of people will say that won't work unless you change the radiator cap;
well I have been running a stock cap with a catch can for about 20 years and
it works just fine.   My stock fill tank is about half full cold.

Ron Fraser