Re: [Tigers] big rubber gas-tank filler tube

To: rfraser@bluefrog.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] big rubber gas-tank filler tube
From: Rollright@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 11:01:00 EST
Thanks Ron

That's exactly what I needed

Jim Armstrong

In a message dated 11/17/2008 10:57:01 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
rfraser@bluefrog.com writes:

Jim
Seems to me the easiest way is to:

1   remove the 4 screws that hold the filler cap assembly to the  body
2    loosen all the hose clamps
3     remove  the small hose
4    twist and pull the filler cap assembly up and  off the body
5    twist and pull the rubber fill neck up off the  tank
6     inspect and clean any parts as needed

You may  need a hook type tool to loose the grip of the rubber to the fill
cap  assembly and the tank.

Inspect the small hose for cracks just in case  it needs replacement or a
short section cut off.

Use a small amount  of silicon grease to help installation of the new rubber
fill neck if  needed.

Note to all: if fuel drips out the drivers side fuel tank; the  gasket for
the fuel sender is bad or the fuel sender hold down ring is not  tight.  This
assumes that the fuel tank is sound.

Ron  Fraser