Re: [Tigers] big rubber gas-tank filler tube

To: CoolVT@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] big rubber gas-tank filler tube
From: Rollright@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 11:02:37 EST
Thanks, Mark

I'll definitely replace that crossover tube also

Jim Armstrong

In a message dated 11/17/2008 10:33:11 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, Cool VT
writes:

It could be the small cross over hose that is bad  also.  I would replace it
just in case...pretty cheap at any auto parts  store.  You will have to remove
both side panels and connect the new and  old hose (different means of doing
so) and pull the new one through.
As far as replacing the main filler pipe I would remove the gas  cap
first...I think it's 2 or 3 screws under the flip cap.  With that  removed you
should
be able to remove the clamps holding everything on. Put  back together
starting at the bottom. I would also replace the clamps while  you're at it.
Finally, if your trunk tends to close when you bump it, I would  find a way
to secure it while you work.   And, don't ask how I know  this:-)
Mark L

 _Get  the Moviefone Toolbar_
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1212774565x1200812037/aol?redir=http://toolbar.aol.com/moviefone/download.html?ncid=e
mlcntusdown00000001) . Showtimes, theaters, movie news &  more!