[Tigers] HSC suspension part 2

To: "Tiger's Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] HSC suspension part 2
From: "michael king" <michael.s.king@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 10:09:36 +1100
OK,

We have had a few suggestions regarding what that might be in the picture i
posted of the HSC rear end.

*Apparently tigers were listed to run lever shocks (who knows why) but i has
been suggested that maybe the shock was modified to act as a lever damper,
and used to control the rear axel..

*A Tubular design traction axle control arm (ala Traction Master), but more
rigid, and a link to the axle, rather than the spring
      - this would be a similar setup to Owains anti-tramp shocks and to me
looks really close to whats in the photo of the hsc car.. some pics of
owains setup (hope you dont mind owain)
http://owainlloyd.no-ip.com:8080/photos/Tiger/RearSuspension/slides/CIMG2997.html
http://owainlloyd.no-ip.com:8080/photos/Tiger/RearSuspension/slides/CIMG2962.html
http://owainlloyd.no-ip.com:8080/photos/Tiger/RearSuspension/slides/CIMG3001.html

I probably confused people a little by mentining the quad shock setup.. but
i though it was of note as in the resto pics that were on dales site there
were what looked like mounts for an additional telescopic on each side.
Perhaps this was part of that system.. or not. Perhaps he changed the top
mounting point of the rear shocks to give them some more geometry for
sideways axel control

Does anyone have regular contact with the owner of the HSC car? (Dave
stone?) I am always amazed at the relative obscurity of the car.. its likely
one of the most famous Sunbeams, not to mention IMHO beautiful ones.. yet
there are so few photos, articles or appearances by it.

Its a car with so many fascinating modifications and details.. i would just
love to know more.

--
Regards

Michael King