Re: [Tigers] Tiger dyno run

To: michael.s.king@gmail.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger dyno run
From: Drmoonstone@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 21:38:09 EST
Good point. The 260 project I'm doing has eaten two engines so far with Dyno
at the flywheel approaching 390hp (corrected for temp and pressure) and no
accessories attached. We are trying to find a happy medium. The engine is 294ci
and running 10.5 cr. The heads we're using are not available and one of only
six sets that were tried by Ford racing and discarded...they failed on the Indy
project and were used briefly in testing of the   GT40 project. I've put a ton
of money into this and we'll see. The company doing this is BRE Racing Motors
in Fresno, Ca. The owner was one of the three principal engineers that
developed the F1 Ford DF motors.

Joe has also just finished a flat head Ford for Bonneville that with the
blower puts out 460plus HP. It is going into a car sponsored and owned by
Lawson
Trucking. I know from over hearing the conversations that more than $50,000 has
gone into the engine...I'm at $10,000 so far and will probably spent another
$2500.00 if I can hide it from my wife.

Moonstone