Re: [Tigers] Hard top restoration

To: <Rollright@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Hard top restoration
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 17:32:18 -0500
Jim
        The only online picture of the Hardtop is on TigersUnited,Shop
Manual, body section, page 9.
http://www.tigersunited.com/resources/wsm/wsmO9.asp

I have yet to find the Alpine Parts Manual online; it would be a great
addition to TigersUnited but someone needs the time and ambition to scan it.

For the side window toggle catch screws; the manual does not spec out the
type or thread of any of them.

        The screw through the plexi is tough; it seems to me I jammed a flat
blade screwdriver between the screw head and the bracket and I was able to
turn the button on the outside by hand.  Maybe I was just luck here.   You
probably try this screw first to see if it will loosen, then proceed to the
hardtop side.

The 2 screws to the hardtop have a Phillips head and you need a screwdriver
the really fits.   I would give these screws a firm turn to see if they will
move; if not give the screwdriver or a Phillips bit a hit with a hammer to
see if that will shock the screws loose.  Once they start to turn put some
penetrating oil on and keep turning.

I would look for stainless screws to replace these.

Yes there are some articles about cutting a windshield down and using it as
a rear glass but I thought one of the listers just made some rear glass or
maybe he is still in the process.

A. LEE  FESTICH
ALAN AUTO GLASS
599 S. BONNYWOOD PL.
BURBANK, CA.  91502
818-845-7300 PHN
818-845-7355 FAX
818-464-5909  CEL
AAAGLASSS@AOL.COM
_http://alanautoglass.com_ (http://alanautoglass.com/)

I have seen the front toggles listed on a couple of sites one of them is in
the UK I believe.
http://www.rootesparts.com/id103.htm
Its in the chrome section, just scroll down.

Also try Classic Sunbeam.

Ron Fraser