[Tigers] Clunkers

To: <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Clunkers
From: "Lon" <lon@sedona.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 09:33:41 -0700
Have to disagree with this clunker argument.   For those of us old enough to
drive our beasts in the 60's, what were clunkers and subject to
indiscriminate crushing?  Same thing in the 50's and 40's.  Each generation
redefined a clunker, vs, collector car.  Granted, a Pebble Beach restoration
of a Chrysler  K car is not on my bucket list, but in twenty years when the
company is a shadow of itself, who's to say now what is valuable?  I think
we missed the mark putting our own nostalgia visions on the whole idea of
defining clunker. Tell me anyone who thought a horrifically assembled
Barracuda with a Hemi would be worth over a million 30 years later?

Lon