Re: [Tigers] Clutch Master replacement

To: rfraser@bluefrog.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Clutch Master replacement
From: Carmods@aol.com
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 09:02:22 EST
rfraser@bluefrog.com writes:

Strange  as it might seem that rubber boot will stretch around that washer if
the  rubber is in good shape.   You definitely need grease to lube the  rubber
and you need to slowly work the rubber around the washer starting at  one
point and gradually working the edge around.
Has anyone recently  done this and can shed so more light in the  subject?

Yes Ron, I put one of those on a few months ago. I would like to add one  tip
that helps. Heat the washer up with  hot water before applying the
lubricant. This temporarily softens the rubber so that it will stretch  easier.

John Logan