Re: [Tigers] Fulcrum Pins

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Fulcrum Pins
From: Landcmitch@aol.com
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 17:32:43 EST
Everyone knows (by now) that the incorrect ackerman angle places enormous
stresses on the front suspension, especially when backing and turning.   This
was not a concern when the system was designed for the  Alpine steering
mechanism.

Over twenty years ago I was acquainted with Lou Anderson, who lived in
Vista,CA (north of San Diego) while he was developing his Ackerman angle
correction kit.  I bought and installed one of the first ones (from C  AT)and
it is on
the car today, never giving any problem.  Basically, what  it does is put a
kink in the steering rods which straighten out as the wheels  are turned,
reducing the amount the outer wheel turns and increasing the amount  the inner
wheel
turns.  At 20 deg. inside the outer is 17 degrees which is  perfect.  There
is an article in Tigers United about the kit.

Does anyone out there have this kit still installed?

Charlie
Awards.  AOL Music takes you there.
(http://music.aol.com/grammys?ncid=emlcntusmusi00000002)