Re: [Tigers] Remote Filter Part Repair?

To: Tiger Talk List Tiger <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Remote Filter Part Repair?
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 07:19:44 -0800 (PST)
Bill- If I loan you one, perhaps yours can be tigged welded up, drilled and
retapped. Im hoping they have pipe threads but if it doestnt, perhaps it can be
tapped to pipe threads and an adaptor put on the short hose. Ive never
inspected the threads and for all I know they are British. I do have one I am
glad to loan you but I have use for it down the road- providing I live that
long, so I dont want to sell it. Im thinking that with a good one you might
find a shop that can repair yours. Tom Hall could make you one, I have no doubt
but it might not be worth the cost. Toms work is above reproach but his time is
limited. He also may be the one machinest/welder that could repair your part.
TOM, what are your thougts on the hose threads in the oil filter top- I believe
thats the return line.
TtT