Re: [Tigers] Anderson Ackerman Kit

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net, Rollright@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Anderson Ackerman Kit
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 11:33:18 -0800 (PST)
Does anyone have any idea what a person does when or if he bends or breaks the
steering arm on an orginal rack? Obviously several people- IE; Ramon and Jim
both both the kit BUT didnt install same for the same reason- there was no
returning to stock. I cant imangine that Doug Jennings or Dale A. perhaps
Scott Woreth or Tiger Tom( both Pa. Tiger guys from almost the beginning of
time)  doesnt know of a way to repair the stock R+P. I can see someone thats
good with metal straighting a bent one but you have to know about how to go
about heating the steel and not crystalizing same. I know many items that had
to be heated where coled in oil. I also know that you can ruin the chain in a
chain fall if it is holding a large load- say for example a steel chute in a
plant(coal in my expetrience) and there is no ground EXCEPT thru the chainfall
and steel choker holding the load. Ive seen the chains get so hot they would
burn yours hands bad if you grabbed on while
 the welder was or had been welding. The older superintendents would give you
hell for being so dumb and destrioy the chain. Imangine if he was right and
the metal crystalized and later someone else lifting a two ton pic suddenly
was crushed becuse the chain broke. I never saw that happen BUT I did see them
destroyed becuse the welder didnt attach another ground source. So, In theory,
heating up the threaded rod could weaken it IF a metalurgist wasnt telling you
how to keep from making the metal weak or remocing the carbon etc etc. ALL
that said- my question was- IS there anyone who knows how or where you would
replace the R+P arms if damaged beyond repair/
TtT