Re: [Tigers] Headers vs stock manifold

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Headers vs stock manifold
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 19:26:09 -0800
Mark,

How all this factors into the small block Ford, I don't know:

   Not relate to the Tiger, I did reply to this list as a general regard to
headers vs stock manifolds - on a Mopar 360, 300 HP Crate motor.  In that
test the stock manifolds from even a lowly 318 were compared to the best TTI
headers (about $800) and there was only about 10 HP difference at slightly
above 5,000 RPM.  Mopar's also have a special 340 performance manifold that
aren't cheap either (about $400). These only added about 3-5 HP and were
actually down in the lower RPM's. All stock manifolds has a 24" extension
attached at the time of the test.

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/techarticles/155_0307_mopar_crate_engine_exhaust/pictures.html
Click on the Dyno Sheet at the end of the article.

  A-Body Mopar's have steering box, torsion bar clearance issues and many
elect to go with the stock manifolds. I have a warmed over 318 in a '73
Valiant. I used the stock manifolds, but I did all I could to improve their
flow.

 Anyway, your question seemed similar to something I had previously posted
and if it was what triggered your memory I wanted you to have this info as a
reference.
Tom

[demime found a multipart/alternative section which it tried
to parse but could not find any section which it could render. Please send
plain text.]
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
17:21:00