Re: [Tigers] quarter window replacement help request

To: garywinblad@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] quarter window replacement help request
From: garywinblad@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 19:47:49 +0000 (UTC)
Oh, Jim,

I see you are using glass replacements!  If they are like mine,
they are thicker than plexi.  I still remember Tom Hall telling me
the technique:

Remove the factory rubber seal.
Put electrical black tape around the edge of the new glass.
Install in frame (pop rivet in).
Take a razor blade or exacto and cut tape at the metal frame,
peal off the excess.
Re install in the top

Like I said in the last email, they look great after thirty years.

Gary