Re: [Tigers] Wheel failure - Non Tiger Content

To: Sandy Ganz <sganz@pacbell.net>, stubrennan@comcast.net,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Wheel failure - Non Tiger Content
From: Dave Munroe <dave@munroe.ca>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 16:05:04 -0300
Sandy;

Up here in Nova Scotia, the rust capital of the world, this is a common
occurrence. Steel wheels on a street car are good for about 10 -12 years
before the rot sets in. My cousin had three wheels go at the same time on a
Toyota this winter. Car is 12 years old.

It usually happens to the rim area where the tire bead seats. The rust gets
into the surface, the tire shop wire brushes it off, and if the pits are
deep enough, the wheel won't hold air and  is scrap.

But left coasters will know nothing of this challenge! We have our crosses
to bear here on the east coast.

Dave