Re: [Tigers] V6 Alpine eats most Tigers?

To: <DJoh797014@aol.com>, <prbreuhan@hotmail.com>, <wsamouce@kc.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] V6 Alpine eats most Tigers?
From: "Buck Trippel" <BuckTrippel@Verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 22:33:28 -0700
Back in 1965, Sports Car Forum campaigned two Sunbeams for Rootes - one was
the SCF Tiger driven by Don Sesslar and the other was the SCF Alpine that
Don drove to the 1964 FP SCCA championship. Both were well prepared and well
driven.

The two cars would compete at the same events but ran in different groups. I
have copies of the lap times for both Sunbeams for entire season and I've
studied them to see what light they'd shed on the question of the relative
quickness of the Alpine as compared to the Tiger.

At every track, the Tiger was not just quicker but a whole lot quicker than
the Alpine. At a typical track the difference was 3 seconds per lap. To put
this in perspective, at vintage races today, I consider 2 tenths per lap a
big difference in performance.

Buck Trippel