[Tigers] thunderbird not sunbeam?

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>, "michael king" <michael.s.king@gmail.com>
Subject: [Tigers] thunderbird not sunbeam?
From: "Mountjoy" <dsmtjoy@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 14:02:33 -0700
Michael & others,

There's no Sunbeam heritage here.  It's **possible** to make a Lamo from a
Fiat 500, too !  That's about as likely as the car in question beginning as
a Sunbeam or a Shelby.  The car in question began life as a (most probably)
'55 Thunderbird (note the #55 in the roundel and the windscreen sticker.).
It could have begun life as a '56 but that would have necessitated more body
work, like filling in the cowl vent doors.  The data plate is kind-of in the
right place but isn't  of Thunderbird configuration... looks more like
Shelby configuration to me.  Hope it's stamped "P5FH xxxxxx" or the DMV just
might get a little too interested.

There's an awful lot of work done to try to make the car something it isn't.
Too bad.

Darrell
(Been around, restored & judged Birds since '57 and still have my two
originals.)