Re: [Tigers] thunderbird not sunbeam?

To: drmayf@mayfco.com, achd73@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] thunderbird not sunbeam?
From: AAAGLASSS@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 13:09:22 EDT
I must have missed something. Can someone post the site to see pics of  this?
Thanks

In a message dated 4/2/2009 9:28:34 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
drmayf@mayfco.com writes:

FWIW.  when I look at the car, I see a 55 bird.  Looking at the rear
fenders, they have the characteristic shape of the 55 and 56 birds. When
I look at the hood attachment it looks like a ford product. It does not
have the piece to which the sunbeam hinges attach. And I may be wrong,
but weren't the parking light on the early birds round like that as
well?  I think it would be cool if someone chopped up an early bird  and
claimed it was a Sunbeam, lol...  And claimed some affiliation  with
Shelby to boot. The grill piece also looks like a Bird in shape. It  may
even  be a glass replica of one and  that has been heavily  modified.  A
rear view shot and some other pics as well would help. I  wonder if the
owner will share? Probably only if the restorationists don't  nibble him
to death (either the sunbeam or t-bird purists).  I think  it is a cool car!

mayf
Tony Somebody wrote:

>For what its  worth, IMO, the car appears to be a very modified S3 Alpine.
They have moulded  the entire front end while keeping the stock parking lights
and the firewall  was made to make engine fitment much easier than a stock
Tiger. It would be  nice to have seen pics as the work progressed. Im sure the
car is a go fast  SOB and the Shelby affilation is used to draw more attention
to this unusual  one of a kind Sunbeam.It seems all cars from the mid 50s and
the next decade  had similarties when you look at the tail lights in FIN
formation.
>TtT

recession.