[Tigers] Hard Top Screw Question

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Tigers] Hard Top Screw Question
From: Steve Sage <fastsage@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 18:14:34 -0700
Here's an obscure Tiger (or Alpine) question for the list:

Does anyone know the correct size, thread (fine or coarse, etc), etc. of
the two little screws that hold the hard top "flipper" mechanisms to the
hard top. (I just made up that term, but this is the piece that you use
to open and close the hard top side flipper windows.)

I can't get those pieces to completely tighten to the hard top with any
of the screws I've tried, so the windows don't shut properly. If anyone
knows, I'd appreciate the information. Otherwise it's off to the
hardware store to buy a lot of different sizes and try until it fits.

In a related area, I finally did figure a way to get that triangular
weather seal for the flipper windows to fit and make a "close to"
airtight seal when you do close your hard top flipper windows, so if
anyone needs that info, let me know. It takes a bit of work but it's
pretty simple.

Steve Sage

Database version: 6.12130