Re: [Tigers] EBay air cleaner

To: sralsten@ca.rr.com, tigers@autox.team.net, CoolVT@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] EBay air cleaner
From: Dave Munroe <dave@munroe.ca>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 14:56:12 -0300
This is perhaps a good sign for current Tiger owners: not necessarily for
someone with a modest wallet who wants one.

In my experience, when original components of collector vehicles begin
selling for astronomical prices, it is a sign that fat-wallet investors, not
necessarily enthusiast collectors, see the possibility of an imminent and
substantial increase in the value of the marque. They may also believe the
supply of original parts is drying up. It matters not to these folks what
anything costs, if the car they own or are having restored needs an original
part, they will pay whatever it takes to obtain it.

It is the natural evolution of a collector vehicle's value perceived by
those outside the enthusiast group. The sign is that point when the value of
the individual parts exceeds the sum of those parts.

Dave