Re: [Tigers] Shipping and Handling

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Shipping and Handling
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 14:50:10 -0700
I agree with Gary's policy and have done the same.  But again, I'll temper
that with the fact that some people sell as a business, not as someone
"cleaning their garage out."  Because of the shear volume, they have to buy
new boxes rather than scavenge for them. And they have to pay someone to
package and take the items to the shipper. In many cases the seller is out
buying more items to sell and doesn't have time to package and ship
themselves.

  If the seller "ate" those cost they couldn't be a seller for long.  So,
different situations apply for sellers.  I think it's great people like Gary
and I can do what we do to keep cost down, but I don't think it can be
expected of everyone.

  Now, this may seem odd, but three times I've sold something on ebay and it
didn't sell for much.  As an example, last week I sold a set of 318 heads
and a matching 4bbl. intake. It they for the low starting price of $14.99.
The buyer felt he had paid so little in comparison to what he was going to
bid that he sent me $20.  And, as I have said this has happened three times
in what I'll guess is about fifty or so transactions that the buyer has sent
me MORE than the correct amount.

Tom