Re: [Tigers] Shipping and Handling

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Shipping and Handling
From: "Curt" <choffman9@cinci.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 18:21:56 -0400
I recently sold a bunch of stuff on Ebay and used the automatic shipping
price feature. I measured the box, weighed it (without any packing material)
and then used that in the Ebay feature. I sold an intake manifold off my
Tiger, an aftermarket seat for my Harley, 30 boxes of slide trays, and such.
Several of the items sold for abotu $20. Seems like in every case the
shipping ( I selected the cheapest option) cost around $20 in the Ebay
feature. I ended up paying more ( a buck to about $5) for every item out of
pocket. Had I paid for the total shipping cost it would have been easer and
certainly cheaper to just toss the stuff in the garbage. I think it is
important to be fair. I would expect to get whatever the shipping costs.
They get the part for what they bid. The good thing about the shipping
feature you can see about what it is going to cost to send it to you. My
time of course was unreimbursed, but the time to throw it in the garbage
would have  been as well and I don't like that option generally if there is
someone out there who wanted the items. I was willing to give for the price
of the shipping and was happy to get the small "donation" on some of the
items.

Curt