Re: [Tigers] Original engine?

To: <sralsten@ca.rr.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Original engine?
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 04:17:46 -0400
Steve
        Here is the original request for information I sent out for the
engine study I started.  It originated after several requests about what
color should the B19KC engine be painted were sent out.   TBON lists a Vin #
but the correct way to determine the color was to look at the Ford engine
Tag numbers and build date code.   The B19KC engines built in the spring of
1965 are black, the engines built in Oct 1965 are Blue.   From there the
engine study grew into a study of all the Tiger engine configurations.   The
Tiger engines were the first, I believe, large group of smog control engines
Ford produced.
----------

 I have been studying all the stock Tiger engine configuration from the Ford
part number point of view.
Hopefully this study will add some details to the collective knowledge base
of Tigers and eventually clear up some details about the Tiger engines.

I'm only looking at stock Tiger engines with stock Ford parts and I hope you
are willing to participate with the following information:

Tiger Vin number -

Rootes engine number -

Engine casting number -
Engine casting date -
These numbers are just above the starter.  If the engine is not out of the
car, do not include these numbers unless you know what they are.

Intake manifold casting number -
Intake manifold casting date -
These numbers are on the front 2 runners, the casting date looks like a
small plate on the lower runner

Engine build date -
This number is stamped on a machined pad on the left side just above one of
the water pump bolts and in front of the head.
If the engine has been decked, it maybe gone.  If you have the original oil
filter set up; that number is just on the other side of the bracket towards
the timing cover; you might not be able to see the number.  Don't include
it.

Engine Tag numbers
This is an aluminum Tag mounted to the intake manifold at the left side of
the carb and has 2 rows of numbers.
If you do not have this Tag, please state that.

Pictures are also welcome

Thank you for your help.

Obviously you can record part numbers about more than just these and I will
gladly help anyone decipher any of the codes.

Ron Fraser