[Tigers] axle bearing part numbers

To: Beamclub <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] axle bearing part numbers
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 00:20:01 -0700 (PDT)
For anyone needing or planning to change your axle bearings. I have the
following numbers. the seals I bought on epay and there ws no numbers stamped
ot printed on them. Also if you have never repacked your axle bearings. I would
highly reccomend doing so. the hub can be a Bi--- to remove but with the proper
tool it isnt so bad. I had to go to a friends machine shop to remove the
bearing from the axl, using his press. he was busy so I helped myself. friends
are great. I had the rear wheels off and the car on jack stands and when i
turned te hub I could hear dry bearings. There is no grease or oil for the
bearing to run in and mine where very dry. I suggest listening to your own as
this is one place easily neglected.
The bearing on my axle( doing one siad at a time) had  Bower- USA bearing-- #
14130
The replacement was a National or Federal Mogul made in Japan and used the same
number.
The race was from Parts Master #PM 14276 made in China.
Im not sure where Ricks bearings are made but no compny in the US makes
bearings now- according to my local parts man. SO,if you shop around in some
smaller towns with older business's, you might get lucky and find a USA bearing
laying on the shelf.Good luck, TonytheTiger
The Bower race(USA) used the same 14276 part number.